Thursday, December 9, 2010

Falling for leaves


The other half of the gift that went to my friend K along with the
Sailing Away earrings.

This was a fun project, though attaching those beads was a little tedious. This is knit in Habu Textiles Stainless Steel and wool yarn. Yes, metal wrapped in wool. the result is a very interesting fabric that can hold shape.

Details:
Pattern: Falling Leaves Scarf Necklace by
Rosemary Hill from her book Elements of Style
Yarn: Habu Textiles A-148 1/17.6 Wool Stainless Steel in A148 (Green & Taupe mix) (used under a half a skein)
Needles: US 0 - 2.0 mm
Modifications: plenty (see below)

I read through the pattern first and noticed how many times I would be cutting the yarn and wasn't too thrilled. I didn't see how I would neatly hide all the ends in this fabric, so I adjusted it around. First off you'll see the yarn overs on the leaves are on the opposite ends than the pattern suggests.

falling for leaves necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment